Thursday, February 10, 2011

Red/Black Mani with Black Rhinestones

I think this will be my last V Day mani for this year, but it might be my favorite so far!

I used OPI Rock-a-pulco Red! and American Apparel Hassid. Pretty easy to figure out: paint a red base, paint the black parts, add rhinestones, touch up the black parts if necessary, add top coat. I'm not sure the half hearts were such a good idea, it's kind of hard to tell what they are. I skipped them on my right hand:

Either way though, I think it's a very elegant look for Valentine's Day or any special occasion.

The red came out a bit more coral-like in the pictures, but it's darker IRL. I wish I weren't so bad at taking pictures, it's such a pretty color. It's a frost, but it's not very brushstroke-y and there's a lot of depth. The shimmer really adds to the elegance of the mani and overall it's one of the best reds I've ever used. Here's a slightly better representation of the color:


Single or not, hope you all have a great V Day!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the heart a lot! It was easy for me to tell that it was a heart :P Love the mani♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is cool!
    so creative.. good job =)

    ReplyDelete