Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ikea Helmer

I have been wanting this for a while and was finally able to get one! It's the Helmer from Ikea:

It's a great way to organize nail polish! There are six little drawers and each one is exactly deep enough for pretty much all nail polish. I used to keep them in Sterilite containers, but I already had five of them and was running out of room. Plus, it was a pain to have to move them around to look for the colors I wanted. Having everything in drawers is much easier! The drawers are roomier and I even had room for all my makeup.

First drawer: lip, cheek, face


Second: eye stuff (shadow, liner, mascara, primer)


Third: nail art stuff, treatments, clippers, files


Fourth: top coats and base coats, MAC, Catrice, Chanel, China Glaze, Dior, and loners


Fifth: Color Club, Essie, American Apparel, Hard Candy, Diamond Cosmetics


Sixth: Orly, RBL, OPI, Milani, Misa, Eyeko, Sally Hansen, Love & Beauty, Zoya


So happy with the Helmer! Besides the great organization, it protects the polishes and makeup from sunlight. The only complaint I have is that it was quite a bit of work to put together, but it wasn't too hard and it's pretty much par for the course when you buy stuff from Ikea. I really love the fact that the height is perfect for nail polish bottles. The nail polish racks I had been looking at were $25 to hold 50 bottles or so. I have a little over 200 and as you can see, the bottles take up three drawers with plenty of room to spare. For $40, I consider it a bargain!

5 comments:

  1. You have so many nail polishes!! All of mine would probably just fit one drawer. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I caved and got the cheapo version from Michael's - the Melmer. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mal, I know! I'm trying to stop, really...

    Kitty, thanks! If I knew about the one from Michael's I probably would have gotten it instead!

    ReplyDelete