Tuesday, February 22, 2011

China Glaze Fault Line Over OPI Bring On The Bling

I received my China Glaze Crackle polishes today! I played around with them a bit, just painting them over my current mani:

I messed up the purple one a bit, tried to apply it differently but it didn't quite work out.

I also did a comparison of CG Black Mesh next to OPI Black Shatter:

Black Mesh on pointer and ring, Black Shatter on middle and pinky. It seems like you can get either more or less cracks with both, it just depends on how you apply it. Black Mesh dries a bit more slowly, though, so it's easier to work with. I'll have to do a bit more experimentation.

Here's my first Crackle mani:


Fault Line over OPI Bring On The Bling. I was dying to use this over a glitter, and I thought a multi-colored glitter base would be really interesting. I love this combo! I did two coats of BOTB; I wasn't worried about it being completely opaque, but coverage was good.

I wasn't sure at first if I really liked these cracking polishes, but I guess it just takes the right combination!

2 comments:

  1. Crackle/Shatter is still not my thing but if I were to choose it'd be Crackle cause there are more colors available (for now!). The crackle does look like candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really cool. the second one is my favoriteee. :)

    ReplyDelete