Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Milani Rockstar Heavy Glitter

Swatches, finally! This collection is really gorgeous. I'll start with the one-coat glitters.

Gold Glitz:


This one is a mix of gold and orange-y copper glitter. It's a nice warm-toned gold, just a little bit ghetto fabulous! Way better on the nail than I expected!

Purple Gleam:


Mix of dark and light purple? Or maybe purple and black? Hard to tell. It's just a shade darker in real life. I am not normally a huge purple fan but I do adore this one. Then again, I really loved this entire collection!

Red Sparkle:


Red is another color I'm not a big fan of, but this one is so pretty. It's a very saturated ruby red, great for the holidays!

Silver Dazzle:

This one is a steely gray glitter. I would say it's the most subtle of the bunch. Kind of like the glittery version of a dark, stormy gray. Seems pretty unique!

Blue Flash:

This turquoise glitter seems to be a mix of turquoise and light turquoise glitters. I think the "3D" effect I mention later is most evident on this one. Some people have asked if this is similar to China Glaze's Dorothy Who. I can't say for sure because I don't own DW, but it seems like Blue Flash has finer glitter and lacks the silver glitter that DW has.


The collection also includes two "Jewel FX."

Gold over Purple Gleam:


Gold over Blue Flash:

Gold is just a bunch of gold hexagonal glitter suspended in a clear base. There's quite a bit of glitter packed in there, though, so I don't think it would be too hard to layer on the glitter to fill the nail.

Gems over Red Sparkle:

Perfect holiday combo!

Gems:

This is three coats of Gems on my thumb. As you can see, it's a mix of small and large hexagonal glitter in silver, gold, red, green and light blue. I personally am not sure I like the look of this on its own, but it's great for layering.


This collection is really amazing! They are called one-coat glitters and the glitter is very densely packed. With some careful application, you could probably get away with one but I used two for the red and purple. They all seem to be a mix of light and dark versions of the same shade. This combined with the fineness of the glitter really gives them depth. With top coat, they have an almost 3D effect, kind of like those Magic pictures from the 90s. Drying time was quick (even the Jewel FX) and application was a dream! Hardly any cleanup needed at all. These really are the best glitters I've ever tried!

These were on sale at CVS, BOGO half off and they retail around $4.50-$5 per bottle. I read somewhere that the official release date for these is supposed to be in February so if you can't find them, don't worry! I am sure they will be available to order on the website soon.

2 comments:

  1. They're beautiful!! I'm too lazy to make swatches like you. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the swatches! I picked up purple gleam just yesterday and can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete