Thursday, December 2, 2010

Color Club Red Velvet

I felt like doing a vampy color, and this did not disappoint!

It's a black base with lots of red glitter. I know this color is not unique, but I've never tried one like it before so it's new to me! Very goth, mysterious, and glow-y. Plus, the name is so sexy and fun! The formula was good, it actually reminds me of Rescue Beauty Lounge polishes--applies almost like a matte polish, first coat is streaky, average-to-slightly-quicker drying time. With careful application you can definitely get away with two coats, but I used three. I think I will have to remember this one for Halloween next year!

I also wanted to do a quick preview of the Hard Candy matte top coat:

Left to right: with Seche Vite, without top coat, with HC matte top coat
As you can see, it's a bit more matte than a satin/leathery finish, but not quite as matte as some true matte polishes. I will have to do a more extensive review another time. On another note, look at the effect that Seche Vite (or any top coat) has! Besides adding a glossy finish, it really gives depth to the color.

Color Club can be found at some Bed Bath and Beyond locations, as well as several websites. This one was part of a (very cheap!) set I found at Ross, though, so go take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment