Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Bangin

I am not really a red nail polish person, but I do think that everyone needs a few. I was feeling inspired by a new red lipstick I tried (more on that in a later post), and Rescue Beauty Lounge Bangin really fit the bill.
It's a bright, almost-orange, coral red. Perfect for spring and summer, sexy and fun at the same time. Formula on this one was great, easy to work with and perfect in two coats (that's how many I'm wearing in the photo). I'm thinking about putting it on my toes, too.

On another note, I think I've finally found a base coat/top coat combination that works (for me) with RBL. I have heard that if you use their Treatment System, it works well. The Treatment System consists of Base Coat Prep, Base Coat, and Top Coat. From what I have read, BCP is basically a thin, clear, sticky base and Base Coat is a milky, ridge-filling base coat (Top Coat is just a clear top coat). I mimicked the Treatment System by using Orly Bonder as the BCP, Nail Tek Foundation II (ridge-filling base) as the base coat, and then Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat instead of Seche Vite, since SV is not 3-free. When I used just Orly Bonder and SV with RBL polishes, my manicure would literally start chipping in less than 12 hours, even before taking a shower. So far, my new combo is working well with Bangin! I might try this with other polishes as well.

I have to admit, part of the reason why I bought Bangin is because I thought it was pretty close to the color of one of my favorite pairs of Christian Louboutin shoes!
Not an exact match, but very close. Everyone needs some red lipstick, red polish, and red shoes!

1 comment: