Saturday, April 9, 2011

China Glaze LOL

Whenever I see swatches of the OMG collection I always regret missing out; I wasn't into nail polish back then. I'm hoping to be able to fill my lemming with Nfu-ohs for the most part, but some of them are pretty unique. I really loved LOL and ended up winning it in an ebay auction for a good price! Here's my newest score, China Glaze LOL:
It's a dark purple linear holo. LOVE! This picture is taken with flash so this is what it would look like in bright lighting, but it's more subtle in low lighting. It looks like a metallic dark purple in low lighting, but I still like that color too! I am wearing two coats in the picture. It was a bit watery and hard to control, but I think this is better for applying a linear holo. There's less chance of bald spots which is a fairly common problem with holos, especially since they dry quickly. As with any linear holo, I skipped the base and top coats. This makes the polish easier to apply and maximizes the holo effect, but the wear is pretty bad. I took the picture less than 12 hours after applying and you can already see a bit of tip wear.

I was kind of worried that the holo wouldn't show up against the dark color, but that is not the case. It is a bit more subtle than it might be against a lighter color, but the holo effect is still strong. I actually don't have many purple polishes, but this was a great first step to expanding my purples!

Someone needs to start making colors like this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment