Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Essie One Day Without Blues

A couple of weeks ago Toms shoes had a sweepstakes to win a free bottle of Essie polish to push their "One Day Without Shoes" event. It's a special color made especially for the collaboration, One Day Without Blues. I guess I was one of the 5,000 winners! I received my bottle today.


It looks like Coat Azure to me (perhaps a bit less green-toned), but I don't have it to compare. It's a dusty cornflower blue cream with subtle silvery shimmer, a bit brighter than in the picture. Formula was great, very easy to work with, on par with high-end brands. I am wearing two coats, but you might be able to get away with one. Very pretty color, but not particularly unique. Still, I'll never complain about free polish!

6 comments:

  1. did you find out beforehand that you are one of the winners? i got an email saying "enjoy your new Essie polish" and i was wondering if that meant i won as well :P

    btw, lovely color! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's the same email I got, you must be a winner as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning! That's a gorgeous shade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got mine also!! Out of curiosity I checked eBay and it was selling for about $15. I wonder if they only made 5,000 bottles. Has anyone seen it in stores? I haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is just the 5,000 bottles. It looks a lot like Coat Azure to me, though; some day I'm going to wear it and then check stores to compare.

    ReplyDelete