Saturday, March 12, 2011

China Glaze GR8

I'm sure most nail polish lovers mourn the loss of the China Glaze OMG collection and I'm no exception. I wasn't into nail polish at the time and I had no idea about holos. I did acquire one a while back, though, without even realizing it was from the collection. GR8 is probably the least popular color, but that means it's easily available on ebay for a reasonable price (around $8 shipped) and there's even still available on head2toebeauty.com (that's where I got mine). Here it is:

It may not be super popular, but I still love it! It's pretty unique, a gold holo, a linear holo at that. I didn't capture the holo effect too well in this photo, it's stronger IRL. This is two coats, no base or top coat. It's pretty watery, but dries quickly. I need more linear holos in my life! Hopefully I will be able to buy lots of Nfu-ohs soon, but they don't make a gold holo so I'm glad to have this one. I might have to look for a few more polishes from the OMG collection now! China Glaze, PLEASE bring these back!

7 comments:

  1. same story like me, i wasn't a CG holic at the time this rilease so i just bougt the LOL, and the luckly i found the other TTYL, GR8 and OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't matter....it will be hugely in demand soon cause these holos are hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's really pretty too! You must be super excited for China Glaze's "Tronica" collection? They are all holographic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. chell, that is lucky! I'm thinking about buying LOL and L8R G8R, even at exorbitant ebay prices.

    Kitty, it seems like lot of people want more linear holos, why don't more people make them??

    Asami, thanks! I'm a little disappointed by the Tronica collection b/c the holo isn't strong enough, though they are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, me too. I was hoping they'd be great for Konad stamping but I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah i heard about the tronica, the holo isn't great as OMG, CG totally disapointed us!
    oh i still want the blue holo which is i forgot the name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2NITE? I think that's the one. I am planning to get some Nfu-Ohs soon and I'm hoping that will satisfy my want for strong holos. Still might get a few of the OMGs on ebay, though. Pricey, but worth it b/c they really don't make colors like that anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete