Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chanel Khaki Skittles

Ever heard of "Skittle nails"? It's a trend where people basically paint each nail a different color, usually creating a rainbow-type effect. I actually think it's pretty cute, but Asami did one where she sticks to a certain color palette and I think it looks more sophisticated (maybe even work friendly, depending on the colors and work place). When I saw the teaser pics for the Chanel Khaki collection, I thought those colors would be perfect for this type of mani! Funnily enough, it's suggested in the description of the polishes on the website. Here is my Khaki Skittles mani:

Left hand: Khaki Brun on pinky and index, Khaki Vert on ring and thumb, Khaki Rose on middle.


Right hand: Khaki Brun on pinky and index, Khaki Rose on ring and thumb, Khaki Vert on middle

I have to say that I was skeptical about Chanel polishes as I have never tried them before, but I am very impressed! Application was perfect, especially for a cream! I used two thin coats but could have gotten away with one good one. They dried quickly with a glossy finish, even without top coat. I wasn't sure about the look at first, but the more I stare at it the more I like it! I know some people have been doing camo manis with these colors but I'm not that skilled and I personally think this looks a bit more chic; the colors suggest camo but aren't as obvious as an actual camo pattern.

I'm always a sucker for packaging and the bottles are lovely of course, but they also came with a cute little drawstring bag:


All the shades are actually pretty great by themselves, surprisingly. I was only really interested in Khaki Vert at first but after I got it I decided I wanted Brun and Rose as well. Vert is a lovely army green, kind of a grayed sage. Brun is like a brownish olive, kind of muddy and swampy looking, very unique brown. Rose is pretty much a pinkish brown taupe. I'm not a big fan of taupes but this one is nice. Neutral but chic. I imagine this one is the most popular of the collection, though I personally like Vert the most.

Really loving all the new fall colors!

2 comments:

  1. I love these colors, Laureen. I just got my two yesterday and can't wait to polish away. I'm getting the CND shellac products today, too, but I don't know if I'll like it or not. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I honestly wasn't expecting too much but I'm really impressed! LMK how the Shellac works out!

    ReplyDelete