Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chanel Paradoxal

*Sigh* So, as I said before, I haven't had much time to do my nails lately so I've been mostly sticking to solid colors. I do have some time on weekends though so hopefully I can still do some more interesting stuff.

Anyway, I can't believe I hadn't tried this color yet! I guess I was waiting for fall to come around before wearing it.


(Ignore the bubble on my ring finger.) It's a really interesting purple-y brown, I love how it kind of shifts between both colors. There's also a very subtle purple shimmer, most of the time it's invisible but I think in certain lights it makes the polish lean a bit more purple. I've found that Chanel formulas are kind of hit and miss but this one is a definite hit. It went on smoothly and evenly, very easy to control, perfect consistency. I am wearing two coats in the picture. I know some people have issues with staying power when it comes to Chanel polishes but I guess I'm just one of those people whose body chemistry happens to work with them. I even put Seche Vite on top (mixing 3-free and non-3-free) and after almost a week of pretty intense wear and tear there's only some tip wear and a bit of chipping on the thumbs. I didn't used to be the type to care about how long polishes lasted because I would just change mine every few days but because of my new time constraints it's something that does matter to me.

For some weird reason I am up at 7:30 a.m. on my short day (only five hours of school as opposed to eight). Back to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment